Making Work/ Life Balance work
Many school leaders struggle with balance in their professional and personal lives. Some simply work longer hours which can lead to emotional fatigue and a feeling of running on empty.This can interfere with their effectiveness at work and can impact the quality of life away from the workplace. This session will help you develop the internal capacity to sustain peak performance in the face of increasing demands.
Participants will learn about:
- leadership in a time of competing demands
- the signs of an unbalanced life
- how high performing principals spend their time
- "selective abandonment" - how to do it
- doubling the amount of time you spend in the classroom and not bringing work home with you
- understanding energy management
- renewing personal energy
- creating personal energy goals
- why people follow and new ways of influencing others
Through the use of research from neuroscience and leadership studies, stories, video, humour and rich conversation with peers, participants will be actively engaged in this full day session.